Ricotta tart with blueberries and hazelnuts
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Blueberries and hazelnuts are one of our favourite flavour combinations, and here we’ve brought them together in a cheesecake-style tart using ricotta and a sweet pastry base. Easy to transport and serve, it’s ideal for a spring picnic or a long lunch out on the deck.
Toasted and coarsely chopped hazelnuts, to serve
100 gm softened butter
60 gm pure icing sugar
250 gm (1⅔ cups) plain flour
2 egg yolks, plus 1 beaten eggwhite, for brushing
BLUEBERRIES IN SYRUP
150g caster sugar
2 tbsp water
500g drained ricotta
200g caster sugar
200g thickened cream
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
1. For pastry, beat butter and sugar in a stand mixer until creamy. Stir through flour, then yolks, then 2 tsp chilled water and mix until a dough forms, then wrap and refrigerate to rest.
2. Blind bake pastry 190C. 30 minutes. Remove paper, reduce oven to 150C and bake until base is dried.
3. Beat filling in an electric mixer, then add filling and bake until set (slight wobbly just in the centre (45 minutes). Cool tart completely on a wire rack, then trim pastry edge.
4. For blueberries, mix ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat until a syrup forms (5 minutes). Cool completely.
5. Dust tart with icing sugar and serve topped with blueberries and hazelnuts.
Recipe and image by Eatable.